Marketing Assistant Intern
Six month unpaid position, working 10 – 15 hours per week.
General skills required:
• Willingness and desire to learn in marketing/fund raising field
• Willingness and desire to learn in social media/technical field
• Good writing, spelling, grammar skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to present a professional telephone voice
• Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
• Research and post items to website on a regular basis
• Research and schedule speaking and guest blog engagements for director
While many of the duties can be accomplished online, the first month will require in-person training in the Baltimore area. Subsequent occasional face-to-face meetings will be required in Baltimore as well.
Although position is not compensated monetarily, the intern will receive:
• A complimentary crafted resume
• Six months of career counseling and interview coaching
• Mentoring in the field, networking
• Paid attendance and transportation, if necessary, for 1 fund raising conference (additional are possible, depending on success rate of paid speaking engagements booked)
• Experience in various applications, e.g. WordPress, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Hootsuite, SlideShare, Excel, etc.
Valerie Lambert is an award winning non profit fund raiser who has had numerous articles published about her methodologies and speaks to various organizations at the local, state, district and international level. Her website provides resources specifically in the area of Annual Giving and she blogs twice weekly: on Mondays about fund raising issues and on Fridays about case studies related to career counseling she has done. She can be contacted at VLambert@Bilou.info.